Todd Knutsen is an investment advisor representative of Gradient Wealth Management, LLC, an SEC registered independent investment advisor, serving customers in Oakdale, MN and surrounding communities. My mission is to provide local families and businesses with innovative financial strategies, solutions and planning that can lead to financial clarity and security.
In the financial services industry, there are generally two ways of obtaining financial advice: one is given by registered representatives or brokers and the other is given by Investment Advisors. While many investors aren’t even aware differences exist, one of the main differences is that investment advisors have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of their clients at all times.
A registered investment advisor is, by definition, legally bound and committed to working in their clients’ best interests. We encourage you to compare the differences between investment advisors and agents or brokers:
An investment advisor representative:
- Puts your interest first
- Understands your specific financial situation
- Offers straightforward advice that reflects your long-term goals
- Recommends investment solutions that best fit your unique needs
- Uses a fee-based structure and are compensated by the customers they represent
A registered representative (broker):
- Facilitates the purchase and sale of securities for you
- Ensures investment recommendations are suitable for you and provides best execution for your orders
- Is compensated by commissions; they are compensated by the companies they represent